Saturday, June 22, 2013

First trip to LYS!!!!

Today I went to my LYS, called "Knit One, Stitch Too", and drooled all over the fancy yarns (there was this one particular yarn, a lovely silk with some sort of metallic thread in it to make it sparkle and shimmer), however, I forced myself not to buy them, as I am not experienced enough to work with them yet. I was sweating, literally, as the air conditioner wasn't working, or on (I didn't want to seem rude so I didn't ask) and it was about 80 degrees or so in there.

I did, however, buy a couple of pairs of Clover Bamboo Needles (straights), and while I was checking out, the store clerk there, a really nice guy, started talking to me about things happening in the store. He handed me some literature (three full printed pages) about the store and events taking place there over the next few weeks. I noticed that there was a class/event taking place on the 28th from 6-11 PM, called Moonlight Madness, with refreshments being served and sale items being put out, all while a class is to be taught.

The best part is that the doors to the store will be closed to the general public at around the time the class begins, and only those who sign up, which is a first come, first serve basis with limited space etc., can attend and partake in the sales.

However, there is a small teensy tiny catch to it all. The project you are going to be working on, or have been working on, must contain, and be worked on with, materials bought only from the store. However, since I have purchased those bamboo needles, I already have some sort of start on "materials" already.

I guess I am going to have to either work really hard on my current scarf project and finish it by Friday night, or put it on the back burner and leave it for another time while I go and work on something else at the class/event. Yes, I am going to call and hopefully secure a spot for this event/class. Just need to get a few things in order and I'll be set.

Hopefully my notoriously short attention span won't interfere with the 5 hours of constant knitting. That and the lateness of the night won't be so easy for me. Some say I have the attention span of a gnat and tend to wander off, my mind on something else completely unrelated. I guess I am just your average sufferer of ADHD!! Ah well, I'll just make sure to pace myself and take a break when I feel I need to, so I can refresh myself and refocus on the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment